Courses & Calendar
- This event has passed.
Level 2 – Smog Check Procedures Training
August 27, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - August 29, 2018 @ 10:00 pm
The Smog Check Procedures Training must be completed by all Inspector candidates. This training provides students the procedural knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to perform Smog Check inspections. Students who complete and pass this training will have met the Bureau’s training requirements to qualify to take the Smog Check Inspector state licensing examination.
This training is 48 hours and must be completed at a BAR-certified school. To pass Level 2 training, a student must successfully complete a series of hands-on assessments and pass a written examination.
Time: Monday – Wednesday (6PM – 10PM)
Date: August 13 – August 29th
Upon successful completion of this training, students shall, at a minimum, be able to:
- Describe and demonstrate personal, shop, equipment, and vehicle safety practices.
- Describe the laws, regulations, and procedures associated with consumer authorization of inspections and the overall administration of the Smog Check Program.
- Describe the standards of practice expected of Smog Check Inspectors.
- Demonstrate ability to calibrate an emission inspection system.
- Demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities in performing Smog Check emission tests on various vehicle designs.
- Demonstrate their knowledge, skills and abilities in performing Smog Check visual inspections on various vehicle designs.
- Describe and demonstrate they have the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform smog check functional tests on various vehicle designs.