Courses & Calendar
- This event has passed.
BAR Update Training (Electrical Diagnostics)
June 5, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - June 7, 2018 @ 10:00 pm$275.00
After completing this workshop, you will be able to use OEM (Kia) diagnostic thought process to identify the correct sequence of steps to follow when diagnosing, and repairing today’s vehicles. This training workshop is not all inclusive to Kia vehicles but versatile to all makes and models. Throughout this workshop you will be building electrical circuits, adding and subtracting resistance faults, testing & performing Voltage Drops, finding Shorts and Opens with a Fault Finder, using Ohms Law and practicing in the shop with live vehicles.
This workshop will enable you to diagnose and repair electrical systems or component problems faster and more effectively. Upon completion you are required to successfully pass a 25 question quiz to receive course credit.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Use a OEM diagnostic thought process when diagnosing, repairing system or component problems.
- Identify the 5 Step Troubleshooting Process.
- Use Voltage Drop testing to isolate circuit faults
- Use a DVOM and an Electrical Wiring Diagram to diagnose an Electrical Fault and a Parasitic Current Draw Problem.
- Correctly use a Short Finder
This is a lecture class that also uses class discussion, exercises and lab demonstrations.
It is expected of the Student to
- Complete all required reading, homework and lab assignments.
- Participate in classroom discussions
- Ask question when a particular topic is not understood
- Attend all required class hours and
- Pass the final Exam with a 70% or better